info@crmasia.org +91-124-4039318 Sitemap

Become a Member

CRM TALK

CRMAA on
Customer Relationship & Experience
  • Home
  • The most terrible suggestion I Ever heard about the Customer Experience

  • 29/08/2016

  • Ankit Anand

The most terrible suggestion I Ever heard about the Customer Experience

most-terrible

BAD Suggestion #1

“Improvement in the customer experience won’t change your company`s overall revenue.”

Interesting perspective – but not true in the least. This opinion is probably why only 35% of companies with the least positive CX impact claim to see a link between customer experience and business results, while 73% of companies with the most positive CX impact admit there is a correlation between the two. Basically, companies who understand that the customer experience actually drives results are more likely to see results. Remember: It’s never too late. The first step is admitting there’s a problem, and taking the right steps towards change.

BAD Suggestion #2

“You don’t need 24X7 customer service to provide a grand experience.

For some small businesses that may be true, but if you are a large company – like an airline or a hotel – your customers will look for you at all hours of the day. In my recent visit to a renowned hotel the front desk was only open from 9 AM to 7 PM, which meant all checks-ins after that time were given written directions to “find” their room key. This is completely unacceptable. People save up their whole lives to travel to exclusive destinations like Hawaii. To travel that far and have to hunt down your own room key sets a terrible first impression, a negative customer experience, and is a poor start to any hospitality driven business.
But 24 hour customer service is not restricted to the hospitality industry. eConsultancy discovered 83% of online shoppers need support to complete a purchase. Can you imagine how many abandoned online shopping carts exist without after-hour support? When we think about it this way it’s easy to see that the cost of implementing around-the-clock customer service is made up by the amount of sales you’ll make in return!

BAD Suggestion #3

“Social media won`t help to improve the customer experience.”

Since 67% of companies believe that social customer service is the most pressing short-term priority for the contact center. It’s important not to get caught being among the other 33% of companies that don’t value social support. And if you can’t take it from us, at least take it from Jeff Bezos, who makes an eye-opening point about how important online customer satisfaction really is;

“If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell six friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000.”
Since 46% of millennials “count on social media” when buying online, it’s about time we stop fighting the war against social support and admit that the customer experience can only get better when its utilized – #truestory.

BAD Suggestion #4

“Call-backs are not essential for helping to improve the customer experience.”

Where do people get this stuff?

Customers don’t just want call-backs; they need them to ultimately feel satisfied with their experience. Accenture’s “Global Customer Pulse Research Study” cited that 69% of respondents were “extremely frustrated” when placed on hold for a long time. Moreover, 77% of customers say that valuing their time is the most important thing a company can do to provide good service. Time is money, and if a company is willing to take both away from a customer, it’s easy to neglect a purchase.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Ankit Anand

Connect On LinkedIn

Ankit Anand oversees CRMAA's blog and social media marketing program. Before joining CRMAA`s Team, Ankit worked in Education sector. His experience includes managing Profit Centre Operations of business Centers, Strategic Business Planning, New Business Acquisition, Key Account & Customer Relationship Management, Team Management, and Channel Management. Ankit holds a Master degree in Business Administration in International Business & CRM.

Stay in Touch for Latest CRM Articles!


Join our newsletter to receive great customer experience & Relationship content.

We promise not to use your email for spam!